Friday 27 January 2012

Decisions

For my preliminary task, I have decided that I am going to use Microsoft Office Desktop Publisher, as I have use this software before to make a children's book in ICT, and therefore feel confident in using this program. I am aiming my school magazine at 6th form students because I feel that they are likely to be interested and provide feedback. In addition, since I can personally relate to this market, I can have a more direct input to the magazine. 

I will ensure that I stick to a fairly basic layout, which is easy on the eye and atheistically pleasing for my target audience. One specific convention I am going to stick to is to having a sans serif font, so my target market immediately recognises the name of my magazine. Furthermore, I will ensure the magazine is conventional by incorporating the school name and logo, a picture of a 6th form student, as well as the key features in the layout. For the background of my magazine, I have chosen to incorporate 3 colour scheme of red, white and black to represent the school colours. I intend to maintain a similar format on my front cover for future editions to promote a specific house style for the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment