Sunday 29 January 2012

First Draft - Front Covers

As I was undecided on which picture to choose for my front cover, I edited both to see which one I preferred.

Front Cover 2
I ensured that I stuck to certain conventions that you would expect to find in a magazine, such as a 3 colour-scheme. I believe by including the school colours, red, white and black, it looks more professional and is more aesthetically pleasing on the eye. The title “Rumour Has It” represents the idea of sharing news and gossiping, which I think makes it more appealing to the teenage target audience. Also, I ensured that I listened to the focus groups opinions, as they said they preferred an original title for the magazine instead of just saying "SSFG". The mid shot of Neha clearly relates to a school environment, especially sixth form, as she is wearing smart non-uniform clothing, as well as having a folder to keep her work in. With the use of the clear background, no attention is drawn away from the main image. Additionally, I used sans serif font such as "Candara" for the title and subheadings as I said I would in the decisions post. I used serif font "high tower text" for the "free cucina voucher" to keep continuity of the font the brand uses itself. I also used the font "Edwardian Script ITC" for "Neha's" name as I felt it was a girly-looking font, which relates to my target market, as well as helping the word to stand out, showing it is a main story for this magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment