Thursday 23 February 2012

Customer Profile

After researching the different markets a music magazine can appeal to, I took that into consideration when thinking of what my ideal target market would be. Below is a customer profile of a typical person whose favourite music is the Acoustic genre.

Conclusion:
As I have now decided that I am going to create an Acoustic music magazine, I believe that the best target market to base my magazine on would be females, aged around 16 - 21. As Alice lives in the countryside and the majority of music videos from this genre is set in a natural looking setting, I think I should stick to this convention and take my photos in a field or something, to reflect their stereotypical lifestyle. After looking at my typical target market, I would like to create a magazine that aims to inspire young people, like Alice, who have dreams and aspirations to follow the footsteps of the artists that they admire. Therefore, I am thinking of creating a magazine that not only includes a varitey of information about artists in this genre, such as interviews, but have websites which gives good advice to help them make their dreams become a reality. By having an magazine that not only informs, but to learn more about particular artists they enjoy listening too and maybe even include some top tips to play the guitar like a pro, I think would appeal to enthusiastic musicians. As this isn't a mainstream genre in the music industry, I believe there is a gap in the market for this type of publication, that can be fulfilled by my music magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment