Saturday 18 February 2012

Moodboard

Here is my mood board of ideas, which I could use in my acoustic magazine. The pictures I have put in my mood board have been influenced by my research into acoustic magazines. I have included various artists from that music genre, conventional camerawork shots, magazine titles, different fonts, colours, sell lines, graphics, house styles and layout designs in this mood board. 


Throughout this publication, I used natural imagery such as the beach, trees, the sky, grass, lakes etc to portray nature, as you see most artists of this genre, singing in fields or located in natural looking surroundings. In my mood board, I have included some colour schemes that I believe would link to an acoustic magazine and the idea of nature. For example, green, blues, brown connote earth and nature, which I will try and include on my magazine. Also, the colours brown works well with the idea of acoustic guitars. Guitars will defiantly be included in my magazine, as it is the only instrument (well mainly) used on acoustic songs. So I will ensure that I stick to this convention by ensuring the pictures I take later on have a natural feel to them, e.g. lighting, style, pose, setting etc. By having pictures of current artists who write songs to this style of genre like Taylor Swift, Jason Mraz, Joshua Radin and Colbie Caillat etc, could be featured in my magazine somewhere; either advertising to win tickets to see one of the artists or an interview on their current album release etc. The use of the heart, represents that most songs in this genre is about love, how it has or hasn't worked out. By including quotes from the artists, I could use in my magazine as either a pull out quotes or catchy cover lines in the magazine. The use of the different fonts used on my mood board helped me get an idea of what style to use when I start experimenting for my mast head or articles later on. Overall, by exploring all of the variety of conventions that are usually included in an acoustic magazine, has helped me to think about what I may want to include in my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment