Sunday 26 February 2012

Recce Pictures

As I have decided to do an acoustic magazine, I have looked at where artists from this genre generally set their music videos, their photo shoots and a variety of images on the internet to help create an ideology of this genre. By doing all this research I have gathered that they are typically set outside in the countryside on a warm, sunny day. Therefore, I have visited to a variety of places around where I live, to find a suitable located for my photos for my magazine. The majority of recce photos that I have taken seem to include, trees, fields and countryside, so they may look similar, however, this is the certain ideology that I am trying to achieve and I should stick to these conventions that you would typically associate with this genre.


I like this picture due to the use of bright green colours, which connote nature, that links in with the ideologies of an acoustic genre. The model could lean against one of the trees, or even sit down next to on (like the people in the picture) whilst playing their acoustic guitar.


With this photo, you could have the model sit on the gate, playing the guitar, or even looking into the distance to create an atmospheric image to again represent the music genre. Also, I like how the sun is facing the camera and sort of merges in with the rest of the photo. I may try and take some pictures of my model in front of the sun to experiment and see what the natural light would be like. Additionally, it could create a flare in the background, which could give an extra edge to the picture.


This probably has more connotations of a country themed magazine, however, I liked how the setting was different from the rest of the photos that I have taken and the natural feel you get from it. I'm undecided whether to use a background like this as people mistake my magazine to an country one and may get confused to which chosen genre I have chosen to do.
.
 I believe out of all the pictures, I have taken, this one really stands out and creates the ideology of an acoustic magazine I am trying to create. The use of the horse, included in the image, links well to the idea of nature, however, the only downside is that if I got closer to the horse, it may have moved and I'm not sure if it will be there still when taking my pictures for my magazine. The main thing that I will taken from this photo, is the use of natural light, the sun should definitely be included on my magazine, because if I take pictures on a cloudy day, you won't get the same affect to portray the acoustic ideologies I want to create.


The use of the lake in this picture, I believe fits in well with my chosen music theme, as you could get my model to sit beside the edge, or dangle her feet in, whilst playing the guitar or something along those lines. Also, there is a lot of space to the right had side of the picture, which could be a good layout for a double page spread. Therefore, I could try and that I take pictures that have at least one main element in, like a tree and then have the rest as a countryside background, to add text on later on about my chosen topic for my article.


By having a park bench in this picture, my model could sit on this, whilst playing or holding the guitar, to create an acoustic feel to the image. The only downside to this picture is that you can see houses and cars in the background, which do not connote or fit in with my natural ideologies. Therefore, I will have to take my pictures somewhere else, or further along to find a bench for my model to sit on, or even edit it out later on, in post production.



To me, this is a rather pretty photo (same about the cloudy day) however, the blossom, blooming on the trees, represent the idea of my music magazine, as I am aiming it at young teenagers would are aiming to grow into successful musicians. Also, the natural imagery of the blossom, connotes the ideologies I would like to create to portray an acoustic feel to my magazine, so the audience seeing my publication and straight away tell what music genre it is.

Conclusion:
To get the best possible images for my magazine, I believe that I may need to go to a variety of locations to find the perfect picture that look best as a front cover, contents page and a double page spread, like I have done for my recce photos. The typical conventions that I will keep in my photos will be:
  • taking the pictures on a sunny day
  • the model located in the countryside, either in a field, by a lake, on a park bench, leaning next to a tree etc (no sign of cars in the photos or anything too industrial)
  • the guitar will definitely be included in the shot, as this is the main feature that will indicate to the audience what type of genre it is
Reflection:
Overall, this task as given my food for thought and inspiration for my photos for my magazine. I think I now have more of an idea of where to place my model for my magazine and what background should and should not be included. I will take all of this information on board and try and use some of these locations I have taken my recce images for my product.

No comments:

Post a Comment