Friday 9 March 2012

Attracting Audience

When it comes to creating magazines and any type of media texts for that matter, ensuring that your product attracts the target market is vital. Not taking into consideration of the target market interests and opinions, could result in them not buying your product. Therefore, pleasing the target market is extremely important, as without them, equals no sales made! As target market is so important in the media, I will make sure that I focus how my magazine will appeal to my audience the most and keeping them interested in my product. Below are a few things that I came up with to include in my magazine to appeal to my target audience.


  • Top Tips From Acoustic Artists = As my magazine focuses on people who are aspiring musicians, I believe that I should include some top tips advice from acoustic artists to help them know how to turn their dreams into reality.
  • New Singles and Album From the Acoustic Genre I believe it is important for readers of my magazine to stay up to date with the latest music releases from the acoustic genre. Therefore, I will try and include this feature, so they are able to rely on my magazine to stay tuned!
  • Latest New Stars = I think by including a feature telling everyone where the new star around the block are will aspire the keen musician to be one of them individuals. By knowing what people do to help them succeed in life will be an important article for my target market I am aiming my publication at. Therefore, I will include my double page spread on Mia Melloway as she is the latest star of 2012, which will help individuals that they can make it into the industry, with a little bit of guidance from other people's personal experience.
  • Acoustic Artists Articles = Having acoustic artists who are well known for their music will be a good idea to attract my target audience as they may aspire to be like one of them artists. Also, I will ensure that I choose acoustic artists who were the most popular in my questionnaire answers, as they are most likely to appeal to audience by having someone they aspire to be like.
  • Gig GuideBy having a gig guide telling my target audience where to find the biggest and best concerts/festivals around they will be able to attend the occasion, again also inspiring them to maybe doing that themselves one day. This also could give them a push in the right direction, by giving them the drive to start making their dreams become a reality.
  • What on my target audiences mind? = I believe I should dedicate a page or pages to my target audience to have their say, as they are the main importance to help my publication sell. So, by them saying what they think could improve my product or anything about the acoustic genre, will help us take on board their constrictive criticism to improve my magazine if necessary.
  • Brits = I think I may include the Brits section in my magazine, as it is usually round about this time of year on TV so it would be fitting. Also, it could show my target audience, with a little dedication and hard work they could win an award for their songs.
  • Performance Tips = When analysing the conventions of an acoustic magazine, this theme came up a lot of times and therefore, I think this is a definite must have, in my publication. By giving a few top tips to play the guitar, or become more confident as a person should hopefully help people become less apprehensive about aspiring to this carer choice. At the moment their is a big jump from singing at home to having the confidence to appear on TV shows such as Britain's Got Talent or X factor. Therefore, this magazine could give them tips to start either getting a license to do busking, singing at different venues to build up the confidence to either appearing on talent show contests or going to record labels to try and follow their dreams.
  • Quiz = I think I may include a section on quiz, as this is a usual convention that you see in a magazines, as well as music ones. So to make it more for  a music style magazine, I could have guess the lyrics quiz or something to make my audience think about which lyrics come from which artist and maybe even inspire them to create their own lyrics and songs.

  • Competition = By including a competition page, will encourage my audience to do something to help them win that prize. Therefore, I will look back to my questionnaire results, see who is the most popular artists they would like to be included in the magazine and they either make a competition idea up so they could get free tickets to see their concert live or something that would appeal to my target market.

  • Free Promotional Gift = Another convention that you usually have included in the magazine is a promotional gift to attract your audience to buy the magazine. To appeal to my target audience I think I will promote a free acoustic compilation CD, as from my deconstruction of "acoustic magazine", they included a free CD from a particular artists in this genre. I was thinking of a free plectrum or guitar strings, but wasn't so keen on them ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment