Wednesday 21 March 2012

Front Cover First Draft

As I was unsure about which picture to use for my first draft, I decided to edit the three that I shown in my presentation I made in my previous post. Although each edit look slightly different, this is only because I had chosen 3 different poses and therefore, I had to change the position of some features as well as the colours for the fonts I've used, due to the lighting on the page. However, I have still included all the same features in each of the drafts, so it is fair to compare them against one another. When constructing my front cover, I kept in mind my results from my questionnaire, my sketches, as well as what I thought would appeal to my target. I decided to stick to the typical conventions that I found out in my textual analysis of music magazines, such as the mast head at the top for example. Going back to my fonts post, I have stuck to choosing font three, as it links to the nature idea of my acoustic themed magazine. I made sure that I chose three pictures that all included my guitar in, to ensure that at first glance of the front cover, the reader can recognise that it is an acoustic magazine. 





Conclusion:
Overall, after weighing up the pros and cons and deciding which one I would prefer I have come to the decision that I am going to use image 2. This is mainly due to the fact that with picture 1 and 2, they don't give off the vibe that this magazine is for people who aspire to be talents acoustic musicians, as in number 1 the talent is not actually playing the guitar and number three you can't tell if the guitar is being played or not. So, for this reason and many others, I believe this is a more appropriate and convincing image that would appeal for my target market. Therefore, I am going to carry on editing, until I am completely happy that it has all the typical conventions that you would find on a front over of an acoustic magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment