Saturday 24 March 2012

First Draft Of The Double Page Spread

Here are my three possible double page spreads, that I have created for my first drafts. As, I have done for the rest of my first drafts, they include the same article about the artists Mia Melloway, but have different pictures of which I was unsure to chose. As, I mentioned in earlier posts (especially my brief mock up draft and pictures that I am going to use) I was going to test out two different layout options, which I am undecided would look best for my magazine. Therefore, I have two different pictures that I liked, with the design of having the main image taking up half of the double page spread and the text taking up the other half. The picture at the bottom is the other layout I also like, which is having the picture cover the whole of the double page spread and the text being layered on top. Again, I have tried to keep continuity by having the same guitar used throughout on the front cover, contents page and double page spread, as well as all the features included on each draft.






Conclusion:
After comparing all three images against one another, I have decided that I prefer the layout of image 3, as  in my opinion it looks more aesthetically pleasing on the eye and also, I do not like having too much white half the page because it looks to plain and boring. However, I do still like the images on picture 1 and 2, so I may use these as thumbnails or something on one of the other pages of my magazine. There are several aspects about image three I'm not so keen on, but this is what I shall take on board for my second drafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment