Thursday 1 March 2012

Questionnaire Results



I've decided to display my data in pie charts, so it is clearer to see the largest of votes on each questions, I've asked. The overall, gender I asked for my questionnaire was females, as they are my main target market, but I decided to ask a few males to get a wider range of opinions. The fact that I got positive feedback from my target market about asking whether they like acoustic magazine and if they would buy the publication, if it was released onto the market. Then I asked which one of the mast head sounds best for my magazine, for ambitious musicians. Tuned in was by far the most popular choice, and I think it's the best one too, so hopefully I will be able to mess around with the fonts and make it stand out on the magazine. I asked what type of article people would prefer to read and the majority of individuals preferred interviews, followed by finding out new music and new artists. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that I would create a double page spread on a question and answers interview about a new acoustic star, who wants to make to the top of the industry. Similarly, most individuals said they would be persuaded to buy a magazine if they have articles such as interviews on artists that they like to listen to or new ones, so I will try and make my double page spread as appealing as possible, to make my target audience what to pick it up and read it. Another important feature that was apparent in my discoveries were the pictures I take for magazine, which I will try and ensure they stand out and grab my audiences attention. Also, my results show that out of all the pictures, my target audience liked picture 3 the most for my front cover, closely followed by picture 1. Therefore, I will take a variety of style poses like this to create a image that would suit my audiences needs. I wanted to try and find out with preferences my audience had to acoustic artists, so I listed a variety to see there responses. I found out that the most popular was Taylor Swift, closely followed Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat and John Mayor. Therefore, I will try and ensue these names are mentioned either on the front cover or on the contents page. Also, I decided to ask my target market what picture like would prefer to be on a double page spread and the results showed that picture 1, was the most popular followed by picture 2 and picture 4 with the same amount of votes. Concluding, that I should try numerous different poses for this picture, including the guitar o more scenic views. Most individuals I asked said they were willing to pay £2.00- £2.50, so I will take this into consideration when pricing my publication. Overall, I found this research method extremely helpful,as I now have a more certain of what sort of pictures to take, what artists to include as well as all the extra information I've gained I will take on board and ensure I meet my audiences demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment