Friday 2 March 2012

The Plan Of Action!


The Plan:
The whole concept that I have in my head for my pictures is to have my model in a field, surrounded by trees, connoting nature and linking to my acoustic theme. I want to take variety of different posed shots, so I have a choice of which one to choice from for my final piece. As I am unsure of which pose would look best, I will try out shots from different levels, from sitting on the ground, to knelling down and standing up(all with the guitar) to create the music genre I am going to create. The main thing that I will concentrate on is to include the guitar in my shots, as that is the main thing that you would relate an acoustic magazine.

Where and When Will I Take the Photos?:
As long as the weather is nice, I will take my pictures on Saturday 3rd of March, as it is supposed to be a lovely sunny day, which is perfect for the scene I am trying to create for my pictures. I will try and go out mid-afternoon when the sun is at its highest point to have a higher possibility of sunny shots. Also, I shall try and stick to locations, I took for my Recce photos. The image for the double page spread will be taken in a field near I live, which is usually quiet so there should no cars or anything industrial looking in the background of my photos. By including trees, grass, flowers, sunshine etc in my images will be the perfect mise en scene included for my magazine. The nature scenery should fit in nicely with my chosen music genre too.

Props For The Photo Shoot:
As I am going for a minimalistic look (so to speak) I won’t need many props as the main attention will by Erin and her guitar. By doing research in this genre of music you always see the singer in the foreground with either her or his guitar playing in a country/ looking background and they are always the main focus of the image. Therefore, I won’t need to buy any props, just use the guitar I have at home and obviously Erin as the star of the show. The rest of the mise en scene will be already there like the trees, grass and the sunshine (hopefully), so won’t need to take much else with me apart from my camera and guitar!

The Talent:
I am thinking of using one of my best friends Erin to be my main model for my magazine, as she is musically talented, being able to play the guitar, piano and a variety of musical instrument, so she will be perfect for the photo shoot. As, I am thinking of taking the pictures this weekend I am hoping that she will be free and do the photo shoot for me. Even though she is willing to do it, the fact she lives about half an hour away or so and may have things to do this weekend, depends on whether she can get to my area or not. If she is unable, I suppose I could always use myself as I’ll be reliable and won’t need to organise what time I’ll be ready for and all the other complications that could happen with having someone else do it for me. Generally, in acoustic magazine and the industry itself, you usually have solo artists in this genre of music, Therefore, for images I will be taking, will only need to feature on person. I have a rough vision of what I want the final image to look like and so far it’ll be Erin in either the middle or to the side of the shot playing the guitar, standing or leaning by a tree. I want her to look happy, as I believe acoustic songs convey this emotion through their lyrics and the nice sunny day and mise en scene included will reinforce this idea. I think I will try and get Erin to give Direct Mode of Address to “look out” at the reader drawing their attention to picking up the magazine.

Next Steps:
Before taking the pictures I’ll make a risk assessment to make me think about any potential hazards that could occur on the day, which will help me avoid any harm coming to my model, when taking the images for the photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment